Just to get you started, a list of possible excuses for not organizing a class:
- I don't know enough people
- People won't come
- I'm too busy
- What right do I have to do this?
- I don't know the material well enough
- I don't have a good space to do it
- Tuesday is bowling night
- It's not proven, it might not work
- I can do it next month
- It's too much work
- I should get paid
- There are television shows to watch
- My boss won't let me
And there's only one really good reason to go ahead and organize a class...
- Because you can
It's an incredible privilege to teach, to connect, to provide a platform for learning to happen. When you step up and use this privilege, you raise the bar for people you care about.
It doesn't matter if you have the perfect group, or the perfect place, or the perfect credential. Perfect is the enemy of good. Start.
Today's the day to finalize your invites and to get started. It doesn't have to be Tuesday, but it does need to be imminent. Don't wait for your peers to start one. Go!