Top ways to defend the status quo
- "That will never work."
- "... That said, the labor laws make it difficult for us to do a lot of the suggestions [you] put out. And we do live in a lawsuit oriented society.""
- "Can you show me some research that demonstrates that this will work?"
- "Well, if you had some real-world experience, then you would understand."
- "I don't think our customers will go for that, and without them we'd never be able to afford to try this."
- "It's fantastic, but the salesforce won't like it."
- "The salesforce is willing to give it a try, but [major retailer] won't stock it."
- "There are government regulations and this won't be permitted."
- "Well, this might work for other people, but I think we'll stick with what we've got."
- "We'll let someone else prove it works... it won't take long to catch up."
- "Our team doesn't have the technical chops to do this."
- "Maybe in the next budget cycle."
- "We need to finish this initiative first."
- "It's been done before."
- "It's never been done before."
- "We'll get back to you on this."
- "We're already doing it."
All quotes actually overheard, or read on blogs/comments about actual good ideas.