Lessons from the Eiffel Tower
- It was designed at home, on the kitchen table...
- by someone who didn't get their name on it
- Never been done before, not guaranteed to get built or to work
- It was criticized by hundreds of leading intellectuals and cultural experts
- It wasn't supposed to last very long
- It's designed to be an icon, it's not an accident
- People flock to it because it's famous
- You can sketch a recognizable version of it on a napkin
Your turn to build one. Happy Bastille Day.